Linfield Living Room

I purchased a living room group used from a hobby shop. I didn’t get a before pic of the actual set I bought. Just trust me when I say that it was an overstuffed, mint green, tattered, filthy mess. But the price was right!

I started by ripping off all the upholstery and foam. I then heated the bare furniture in the microwave to soften the glue holding all the wood pieces together. Once the pieces were just blocks of wood, I began recovering and reassembling.

I moved next to the tables. I made these from scratch and decorated with various miniature items I had on hand or made as I went along.

Next I took a small premade crocheted doily I found at Joann’s and added additional crochet rows to make it bigger.

I then placed my furniture and created wall hangings and light fixtures.

The inside of the Linfield is done! Next on the agenda is a few flower boxes and porch decorations on the outside.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Dollhouses and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s