Tudor Windows and Roof

I was able to go ahead and start on the windows and roof today.  

I wanted leaded windows but the kit came with the white, screen printed design.  So I used a black Sharpie Oil Paint pen (extra fine tip)and traced over the white lines.  If you make mistakes with the Sharpie, have no fear. It comes off super easy with non acetone nail polish remover and doesn’t damage the plastic sheeting.

  
I also used Mod Podge Lustre to give the windows that warped-ness you see in very old glass.  I would advise you to only use Lustre as it dries with the same glossiness of glass where matte doesn’t shine at all.  Brush on in a random pattern.  

You will know when it’s completely dry as all the “milky” will be gone.  Once dry, glue panel to the inside of the window openings. 
Next I used a roll of coconut fiber pot liner and trimmed to fit the roof line.  I did two staggered rows.  I then glued bits of moss randomly around the roof.  

  
Now I’m off to do the rest of the roof.  More to come soon.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Dollhouses, How-To and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s